View Single Post
Old 03-25-2007, 09:40 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Bjen
it is what it is...

So many good ideas here! I like to spring remodel, I clean all winter. If you don't rent, I would paint. Bathrooms are smaller and easy, or just pick one wall in a room to change. I like shopping to relax as well. My favorite is thrift stores. The really cheap ones. Consigment shops are OK by me but generally I like salvation army and stores that get donations. It is cheaper. I try to go once a week or two weeks. Sometimes I find clothes that I like on other people and try them for myself. It is a cheap way to get a new look and if you don't like it you only lost a few bucks. It makes me happy. I also keep a lookout for different things that I can make out of junk. Like I took and old lamp, just kept the bulb part, hung it from a hook on the ceiling upside down and poked a whole in the bottom of a basket for a lampshade for a hanging lamp (now my dogs and cats can't knock it over. I also watch lots of DIY TV and trading spaces, ect. Little stuff like that makes my house look different with little money. It is fun, I love it.
Gardening is my favorite outdoor project too. I also like to mow so StandingStrong you are not alone, I love that smell too. I like doing it barefoot (I know that is a no no) but I think it feels good and it makes my feet green!
Let us know what you try OK, I want to hear what you decide and how it goes! B