View Single Post
Old 09-13-2003, 08:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
kat's turn
Paused

Don't know what to say.

My husband has been going to AA for over a year now. I on the other hand can not bring myself to attend a meeting. I'm proud of him. Proud that he was able to do this for himself. It was not an easy road. He went into recovery, after I had had enough. After I completely "let him go" in the emotional sense. I couldn't take it anymore. I couldn't take him anymore, I couldn't take our relationship anymore. So we separated. It was the hardest thing I have ever done with the exception of getting back together and having to work, really work on our marriage. No holds bar anymore. Neither one of us were angels. It has been a hurtful time, but we are on our way to resolving what has transpired. So many hurts there.
Now, my time has come, to do what, I don't know. I have to be honest, I haven't wanted to go to a meeting. I know it would be a help, but I've had to be strong this long.
My story may not be like some in here, who are dealing with someone who drinks or does drugs presently. I don't know if I really need support or not. Our "marriage counselor" has suggested going to Al-anon, along with a lot of other people, but I have resisted. I don't know. I just don't know if I can or if it's really for me. Still sad about everything, still scared, still resentful. Mostly just don't know...