View Single Post
Old 03-24-2007, 05:13 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
greeteachday
Administrator

Wink OT Sorta kinda but Happy Stuff

I've been blessed with a decent job and a 15 year mortgage that has recently been paid off. That's exciting considering it's a ways til retirement. So I've been researching and exploring refinancing and buying a weekend retreat. On the first time out looking at homes, I fell in love. I practiced patience (sorta, kinda) and tried hard not to practice manipulation to wait for hubby to catch up with me and know this is the place

Everything is falling in place and we should close by mid April. The home is near a national park, along the Appalachian Trail...lots of hiking and kayaking, canoing and the community is a nice combination of nature and amenities...even its own ski slope. The property is extremely private with two tiers of decks overlooking a babbling brook in the back and green lands around it.

I'm feeling excited and filled with gratitude. In some ways this speaks to where I've come in recovery. These are usually the type of ideas I would think of in the past but lack the confidence to pursue. I'd feel like it was too selfish or that I wasn't worth having something that could bring me good feelings. Now, when ideas and dreams come to me, I am learning to explore them, to not be afraid of what anyone might think or that I will be ridiculed. The worst that can happen is that I realize there are down sides or limitations that make the idea not worth pursuing, at least for now.

I wanted to share my happiness with those who have helped me so much in finding that better place. I am looking forward to special times with family and friends in our new weekend retreat and to finding the peace I love in walks through the mountains. Thank you for shaing my joy! Love, hugs and prayers