View Single Post
Old 09-13-2003, 06:06 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  
Lilya

I loved "The English Patient" and I loved "Blue Velvet"! Poor Juliette Binoche, everyone in France is against her because she achieved international fame, so people here didn´t take "The English Patient" too kindly. But I like Juliette and I adored Isabella Rossellini in Velvet. What a daring role!

I´m watching a very disturbing film at the moment. Does anyone remember "Bad Timing" with Theresa Russell and Art Garfunkel? I found that film in the archives and wanted to review some of my favourite Nicholas Roeg movies. I watched "Bad Timing" first when I had just begun my sobriety and found it almost impossible to watch. The characters are so unsympathetic and the film quite confusing from editing point of view. I could watch it now calmly and feel sorry for the lovers, because it´s quite a love story - on drugs. My God, it shows how disgusting life on booze can be and how it makes any conncection unbearable! A good warning, if anyone should ever need one.

Yet another film to watch if you´re very depressed, people!:shades: Almost beats Ingmar Bergman, but not quite...

Use adversity