Old 03-23-2007, 10:29 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Ahimsa

A few months ago I cut off all contact with my Mom. Its been hard...I am an only child and I have always been pretty close to her. For the past 8 years or so, things are just progessively getting worse and worse, and I decided it was time to step back. So when I moved cross country, I changed my number and haven't talked to her since. I am still very very close to my Dad, who I talk to everyday. They live together, so even though I am not communicating in any way with my Mom, I still kind of feel like I can check in on her if I start to feel guilty about her wellbeing. She is still drinking heavily, and has not attempted a rehab program again, so I guess in the end, I feel like my cutting off contact hasn't really done much for the whole situation. It's time like that when I need to remember...I am doing this for MY health...not hers :0) It really has been calming and peaceful for me, and for someone in your situation, it sounds like it too might be a good choice for you to make. Best of luck in whatever you decide...just remember, do it for YOU and your family.

*Ahimsa :0)