View Single Post
Old 03-20-2007, 12:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
MaligenRoculus

Question one year of war, three months of peace.

have been battling my thoughts on alcohol use for many years. Around a year ago I started to take steps towards quiting for good. Drinking, no drinking. Guilt and rationalization. I was in an abusive and destructive relationship. I recieved a fourth degree D.W.I. I was court ordered to take a "Schedule 25" drug and alcohol assessment. I was truthfull at this interview, and as a result, was reconmended for out patient CD treatment. I have complied with all of my obligations to the court. Finished treatment, I am doing community service for the fines, I even went to the manditory M.A.D.D. seminar.
I have been sober for 3 months now. One of them on my own. It was manditory that I remain so during treatment, or be in violation of mandate. My first question is- why does the government require a person to be cured of a desease before a medication is perscribed?
Next, I am a spiritual and open-minded individual that accepts most things. In a boat on an ocean of external happenings that swirls, swells, and flows beneath me. On this ocean, being in any boyant vessel is preferrable to treading indefinitly. But it seems to me that some of these boats (treatment options) have leaks in the bilge. Logic dictates that I, and I alone am the sole observer. The bottom line is, I am being required to attend A.A. meetings, and getting proof of my attendance. I need intials of the meeting chair, and the name, address, and phone number of my sponser that I have yet to find. I observe a religon of sorts at these meetings. My next question is- Why am I being forced into this? Seperation of church and state? Are my observations skewed?