View Single Post
Old 03-19-2007, 09:15 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
shockozulu
Reach Out and Touch Faith

flutter, you are not the only one by far. My mother is an addict and she is dying of emphysema. You mentioned stealing your moms pills, oh do I remember seeing my mother and getting plastered on my pills when I got home. She was just too stressful. I finally had to make the best decision for me, and that was my "mean" mother was not changing and I would not get enough 'good' memories to justify the bad in this part of her life. I changed my phone number (she manipulates me on the phone as well), wrote her a nice letter letting her know I'd love to stay in contact via post (and what do you know, she still hasn't written to the daughter she supposdily just loves) and I let things be.

I don't know if this made any sense to you... I don't know if it makes sense to me... all I know is I am in a lot of pain... I am angry, confused, scared and feel very hopeless... and I am hoping to find a way to deal with my life in a healthy manner... I need help, but don;t know where to go, what to do, or even if there is an answer to my problems... I do love my mom... but the woman I have been talking about is not my mother... she's not the one I miss terribly... the one I long to talk to... to hug... the truth is my mother died the minute she picied up that bottle... and I haven;t seen her since... now I just have this bald drunk lady wearing my mothers skin and clothes... and I hate her...
Feel free to private message me anytime. It sounds like we are in very similar places.