View Single Post
Old 09-11-2003, 03:17 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
journeygal
believer

((((((gonecrazy)))))))

I'm so sorry you're going through this. Addiction and recovery can be devastating to a marriage. My husband and I have been through so many ups and downs and have talked about separating several times. At this point I think we're both just taking it one day at a time.

You're right about addiction being a family disease. I grew up with it and married into it. I think I'm just now getting to the heart of my recovery, where I can see all the issues I've carried from childhood that have manifested into fear, neediness, and controlling behavior in my marriage and adulthood.

Boy, do I know how it hurts to find out that they are so quick to leave, after everything we've put up with from them. But the thing is, no one asked us to stay and maybe we shouldn't have! It's a hard pill to swallow to find out we've given more than others are willing to give us. But most of the time, we're probably just giving too much to begin with.

Have you attended al-anon meetings? If not, check out a few. Trust me, it's really worth it.

Take care and hugs,
JG