View Single Post
Old 03-17-2007, 11:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
justjo
Sunny Side Up

Red face have I given up?

Hi, This is my first time. I have been browsing through the forums only for a couple of weeks due to some frustrations with my alcoholic sister. My sister has been in detox centres, live-in rehab houses, you name it we've been there and back again.
My sister is living on her own with her teenage children who are finding this all so hard. (we are going to counselling groups) She went back into rehab 5 weeks ago, only to come out on a weekend and have her regular binge, one weekend with another abuser and last weekend to spend time with her kids which meant (drunk in bed all weekend).
I have been there supporting her but it has just become all so hard. I am trying to work fulltime, look after my own family, her family etc etc and it is dragging me down.
Talking to my mum yesterday, she said to me, " i told aunty that I have given up and my aunty replied, I dont think I could give up on one of my kids"

The constant guilt trip is there for us too! I said to me you havent given up on her, you are just having a rest.

My biggest questions as a newcomer is, What is rock bottom! - us leaving her alone?

Thankyou and I feel for all who are going through this dreadful hell.