View Single Post
Old 03-17-2007, 08:43 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
dollydo
I'm no angel!

I like Marle, had to take care of myself. I left home at 17, got a job, went to college at night for 6 long years. Yes, I had struggles, once I was down to my last dollar, a silver one, I needed gas to get to work, so I went to my local gas station and asked the manager to hold the silver dollar until payday, and I would return and get my silver dollar back.

So, off to work I went, got in, and my manager called me, I thought, dear god, I was going to be fired...no, they were promoting me for a job well done.

I went back to the gas station after work on Friday, I gave him a dollar, he had saved my silver dollar and returned it to me. He said "I knew you'd be back".

That moment in life propelled me into a great career, I took care of me, never returned home.

No, I was not an addict, that is not the point, the point is: It is a right of passage to mature, resolve your own issues and be responsible for your own actions. If this passage is withheld by an enabling, controlling parent or spouse, the receiptant never has a chance to come into their own. To mature and grow.