View Single Post
Old 03-17-2007, 07:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
helpus

The codie in me is ratonalizing

My 21 yr old RAD had 7 months clean, relapsed and is just under 30 days clean agaon. She is fianally starting a new job on monday. I agreed to help her get a pair of black pants & non slip shoes that are required. Well she has her checking account so screwed up. Last weekend I got a collection call earky sat morning for her. I gave them her cell #. She has her own appartment. It looks as thought her $$ has finally run out. Bright & early 8:45 am this morning I got another one. She thinks her rent is paid untill the end of april. But if her acct is screwed up who knows. I know last sat she ran down to the bank & deposited $650. She thought she was covered.
The codie in me so wants to help her straighten this mess out. So she can start working mon & hopfully have a fresh start. While I was in the shower this morning my mind was going around & around on why it would be ok to help. I know hands off the addict. I can hear my counslers voice telling me to let her fall, it could save her life. Why can't I feel ok with that? Why am I still trying to justify a reason to help her?
I was going to take the family to the movies tonight. As the kids call it a "cinematic adventure" ... Dane Cook. But it was important to me to get hubby, my daughter who is home from college untill tomorrow, my RAd & 2 of her friends out for a family thing. We would like to see Wild Hogs. I am so afraid i will do something stupid to help her. Please give me strenght today.