View Single Post
Old 03-16-2007, 02:58 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Missminime
Bittersweet

Originally Posted by earlybird View Post
This is not something you, in your case, can do alone. Im sorry to tell you that. AA isnt you standing up at a podium and addressing a room full of people. You go and sit down and listen to others talk. You do that until you feel comfortable enough to talk. Trust me,...you WILL feel comfortable soon. I know you dont feel like you EVER will right now. That will pass. Continuing to drink WILL take your life from you,...literally.
Its obvious that you have no idea what youre talking about, hi im Minnie. Nice to meet you EB. As i said i do not function in a room with other people when im sober. Theres no diffrence to stand up or talk or sit and hide cause i will feel like total crap afterwards. Im not shy, i will look like im happy. I will smile and talk... im acting around people. but its tearing inside. cause im not being real, and i feel like everyone in the room just wants me out of there. that they hate me. Noone knows me better then me, AA will not work for me. I will after years still feel like noone wants me there.

If AA is the only option, and the only way to go. Then im totally f*cked. I can just go jump infront of a train cause as you said drinking WILL take my life.

AA might work for some, but everyone is diffrent. everyone is unique. how can only one way be the only way to go?

Originally Posted by earlybird View Post
You cant want sobriety and also say there are things you arent willing to try. You are doomed to failure every single time.

You know i can agree on this. I just talked to a SR-friend on msn and i told him that i was doomed.. i fail. I agree... thats why im sat here with my drink.

But i didnt say that im not willing to try.. cause i stayed sober for 69 days and i was struggling... i would call that a pretty good try