Old 03-14-2007, 08:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
FormerDoormat
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

This year I've decided to throw a birthday party for me!

Can't think of a better way to spend the day than to throw a party for myself and invite all my favorite people. I just bought a Mexican cookbook with a lot of yummy looking recipes, so I'd thought I'd try some out and have a fiesta at the same time.

Two years ago on my 45th birthday, I decided that I could not tolerate life with an active addict for one more day. So, I dropped my boyfriend off at a local hotel and drove away, uncertain of what might lie ahead for me.

This Friday on my 47th birthday, I'm throwing a party to celebrate my new life. Letting go of the things that weren't working in my life was the best present I ever gave myself.

Who knew that all you have to do to be happy is to CHOOSE happiness? Who knew that all you have to do to feel loved is to learn to love yourself? Who knew that all you have to do to stop being a victim is to learn to say "NO MORE" and mean it?

Two years ago, on my 45th birthday, I thought my world was falling apart. Who knew that on that day, as I glanced at the hotel in my rear-view mirror, that I'd just turned the corner and my new life had begun?

I'm really looking forward to spending the day with my family and friends and the folks at SR. I've never been the guest of honor at a party before. And it's high time that I celebrate myself.

Feliz compleanos a me. Ole!

Last edited by FormerDoormat; 03-14-2007 at 08:54 PM.