View Single Post
Old 03-14-2007, 12:40 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Barbdee

AS is celebrating 60 days clean today in one of those houses that you need 30 days clean to get into. She should have known Rx meds, esp. diet pills would screw up her test. Wish I could say otherwise, for your sake. RAS has had an abcessed tooth for ages that he can't afford to get fixed and one day he was in terrible pain, I offered him a Darvocet. He vehemently refused it, saying he was not allowed any narcotic. I didn't even think, duh! But he did. Yep, we are 60 days proud :-)
I hope it's just a bad test, there are so many things that can mimic drug use I was totally astonished....like the poppy seeds on a hamburger roll. But if she admitted to Rx diet pills, that's already on the no-no list.
I know we have been sort of following the same path, so I sincerely hope it's nothing. I cannot possibly say how much those "houses" have done for RAS. He lives with 8 guys, one clean for 10 yrs., one just relapsed...there is no better instructor than real life. He will be in on interviewing a new guy next week. He's come so far in just 2 months!
So I'm really praying that your AD can stay there....ya know, they DO have the option of overlooking a thing or two. I think if she is totally honest and really, really wants a second chance, they "could" do it. My advice, tell her to beg and plead :-)
Love, SM (aka, BD)