View Single Post
Old 03-13-2007, 06:24 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
cinderellawkids

Just need to chat

Well I picked AH up from his uncles yesterday (who he works with) and he was drunk. As we drove his actions and comments showed it more and more. I calmly said, dear youve been drinking. As Ive said before I will not be around you like this, you are not coming home with us tonite. I dropped him off at the other house.
That is a boundary Im sticking to, no ifs ands or butts.
As usual of late he walked to my home abbout 2:30 am, went to bed and got up for work.
I decided it was time to let his family know how bad it was getting again and they were very supportive. I explained where I was at with my boundaries and that I wouldnt make him leave until I was sure I was strong enough to stick to it, because I felt back and forth actions were harder on the kids. They too agreed.
For now the kids just think he's been working on the other house. Yesterday they knew he was drunk and understand that I will not have that behavior in my home. My home is my castle and I will keep peace and a chaos free environment there.
Of course this morning he swore off drinking for the third time this week. I ignored him and said very little. I feel very detached emotionally. Something different is coming over me and I feel Im getting stronger each day...