Thread: Hello
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2007, 10:01 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
bookmiser
Get Caught Reading

(((((Mish)))))

I just want to welcome you too, sweetie.
I, like Frankly, can relate so much to your story.
I had a brother, who was 22 when he drowned in the river.
He was an iv drug user. I was 13 at the time. My mother and stepfather
were both alcoholics, as was my oldest brother. My sister married early, (she's been married 3 times) and was very, very codependent.
My little brother and I grew up the best way we could.
Today, I am 42, married for the second time to a wonderful man.
We've been together for 12 years. My children, from my previous marriage, are my son, (25 and an addict) and my daughter (20 non addict).
My daughter lives in Pennsylvania with her gf. She's very happy with her life.
My son, on the other hand, lives with his dad, and struggles daily with his life.
He drinks beer and smokes pot. I am grateful that he no longer uses intravenous drugs.
I've been coming to soberrecovery since October, 2005.
This place saved my sanity and my life.
I still struggle daily with the need to "fix" everybody. lol
Well...
That's me in a nutshell.
I hope you continue to take care of yourself and plan on attending alateen meetings if they're available in your area. If not, I'm sure you can find alanon/naranon nearby. There are help groups everywhere. Check your yellow pages or online.
Keep coming back for support, prayers, and friendship.
I'm so very sorry for what is happening in your life, with your brother and his addiction.
I hope that your relationship with your parents are good and that you can encourage them to attend meetings and join soberrecovery, as well.
You sound like such a wonderful, young, lady. Keep up a good spirit and be optomistic about your future. By coming here, you've taken a step in a good direction. I believe you to be a shining example of survival.
We're here for ya, sweetie. Keep coming back, and anytime you want to talk, I'm here for ya.
Your new sr friend,
Linda