View Single Post
Old 03-12-2007, 09:56 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Missy

We did a professional intervention just this past October on my AH.. he did go with the interventionist to another state for 28 days.
the facility was one of the best in the country suster to Betty Ford's Place.
they are very expensive. Luckily our insurance paid for all but $100.
The cost of 28 days is $30,000.00
I was ready to re-mortgage the house if it would help.

needless to say, after 3 weeks home AH relapsed big! I also went to a family week at the facility which helped me tons. That was $1,000 out of pocket.

I believe now that if the addict does not accept any aftercare, they will relapse.
Do they initially go to please the loved ones around, because of embarassment or do they really admit their addiction and want help. I believe my AH never admitted he was an addict.
Drunks are in the street with a brown bag
He relapsed big... and worse than he was before. So now he is out on the street with the so called "drunks" he talks about.
He is now staying with his parents and doing everything he can to get me back. Had he only listened to his counselor at the Treatment Center, we would not be where we are.

So I guess it is my feeling, if they are not ready to surrender to their disease, they probably will relapse. And when alcoholics relapse, it is harder than before the stopped drinking.
Good luck to you whatever you decide. it needs to be finely tuned with a professional, You know the alcoholics are very good and can catch a drift of plans ever so easy.... the hardest part for us was planning without him knowing about it.
Lots of $$$ but worth it if it works ... to each his own.

Let us know what you decide.
Missy xo