View Single Post
Old 03-11-2007, 07:21 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
frankie_b
Living in the light

It's great to see this thread continuing on. Thanks ray.
Big hugs to all the wonderful people here. cmc, dakota, Babs, sadness, ray,
cinder, teke, loveon2legs, dilan...all who stop in here...sharing experience, strength and hope with all of you is very special to me.

I'm the mother of an addict. He's been in and out of jails/prison for 18 years.
He's 36 now and I never imagined in his growing up years his life would be
as it is. His Dad, my ex, has enabled all along....seems he feels guilty/ responsible which has kept him enmeshed with son. They both maintain I am the reason for son's problems....yeah riggghhtttt. I embraced recovery in Alanon 18 years ago and found a way to break free to detach, let go, live in harmony with this one life I have and to give back to others what was so freely given to me. I've been through heartache and grief in the letting go process and today when I think of AS my thoughts are loving, kind. His life has been so very sad and hard. Not what I ever wanted for him and yet it is what it is.
I"m in love with early spring and have been rejoicing in Nature's glorious display...new life is everywhere and I am lifted up and awed as I feel at one with earth's miracle of abundant life. I've been working in my garden and will
be soon involved with my volunteer work at the Wildlife Rehabilitation Center.
We'll have a new crop of baby birds, baby mammals to raise and then set them free. The opportuity to be up close with wild creatures, to nurture them is worth all the hard work. It's an incredible rush and privilege.
Take care all. I wish you all the best.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
5363_m.jpg (20.8 KB, 307 views)