View Single Post
Old 03-10-2007, 07:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
lucybooz

Intervention???????

has anyone ever done an intervention for a family member, friend or loved one?

my son is out of control. he just got out of a detox unit, spent 5 days there, and the day he came out was drinking again. he's lost yet another job, lies about anything and everything, is depressed, and i am seriously worried that he is entering a phase in his 20 years + of being an alcoholic that he's never been in, and i'm afraid he's getting close to a point of "no return".

in the past he's done the rehab bit and at least has stayed sober for a couple of months - the longest being 1-1/2 years. now he goes into drink mode and he uses the detox place as a crutch i think when he's once again lost everything and has to start over. in the past he's been able to start over but it's getting to be different lately. he doesn't seem to care about anything, nothing but his booze. i'm extremely concerned he has deep-seeded emotional issues, and if he doesn't do something soon, he will, in all honesty i believe, be dead within 2 years, if that.

we have never done an intervention and i'm wondering how they work, and do they help?

anyones input will be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance.