View Single Post
Old 03-10-2007, 07:02 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
faithhopelovejr

Talking

Intevention (the show) is great! I have cried tears of joy and tears of sorrow. My AH actually used to watch it with me even during his active addiction. He never made it to watch it sober, because he relapsed right out of rehab. I hired an Interventionist. I also actually talked to Jeff Van Vonderen, who is one of the Interventionists on the show. He is a highly respected Interventionist known around the world. He returned my call on my cell phone and wanted to do the Intervention about 3 days later. At the time, it wasn't doable that soon. I was very impressed that he called. He also told me that he and all the other Interventionists that are on the show are in private practice themselves, and the producers of the show actually contact them for Interventions. He said they cut a lot out of the shows to get them into the time format that is permissable. It is advised by Interventionists that if you are considering an intervention, not to let your addict see the show. I believe if the support group sticks to their terms, then intervention is possible with a positive result. You HAVE to be willing to stick to what you say. Good luck to all. Pray.