Thread: my own insanity
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2007, 03:48 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
newblue82
Let me grow up.

Oh, it's love all right, LOL! If you had no feelings for him then you wouldn't even waste your energy being angry or frustrated. Those feelings generate from another feeling. They are not just manifested out of thin air with no bearing. I'm sure you feel guilt, shame, and disbelief but you're only human. All you can do is learn from this incident and resolve never to let yourself become physical again.

As for calling him and essentially letting him off the hook, I wouldn't go so far as to say to him you are unworthy of his love but perhaps an apology is in order and perhaps an explanation as to why you reacted as violently as you did. He'll understand and as you say he must at least have the feeling that he had it coming to him. It was wrong but not detrimental. You just have to rise above it, hun. As I said we've all been there either lashing out physically or verbally and we all ask ourselves "What's gotten into me?"

I suppose it's natural for pent up emotions to just burst one day and suddenly you're not even in control of them or yourself anymore. But once the storm has passed and you've come back to Earth then as was mentioned above you have to re-evaluate the situation and promise YOURSELF you won't allow yourself to sink to that level again. As I'm sure you won't have an explosion like that again try to get a grip on yourself before you feel you're coming to that breaking point. Practice makes perfect

Last edited by newblue82; 03-06-2007 at 03:50 PM. Reason: grammar