View Single Post
Old 03-03-2007, 06:01 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
shutterbug
A picture's worth a 1000 words

The meds i'm on these days?

Wellbutrin 300 mg and Effexor 150 mg (both extended release).

I haven't been to a psychiatrist for a med evaluation in over a year. For the main reason of a pre-existing condition clause in my insurance ...and owing a past-due amount of about $400 to my pdoc. But...i'm going to HAVE to get myself into one soon...to try to get some help with my paranoia and anxiety. And eventually get back on a mood stabalizer.

I too have developed fear of med changes. It wasn't planned but about a year and a half ago I stopped taking a mood stablizer (as it was making me too sick to even stand and my stupid "state appointed" doctor didn't care to bother with changing me to something else). But, it was ONLY then that I started coming out of the major depressive episode. It was still a slow climb, and it could have been coincidental, but it has made me afraid to go back on a mood stablizer. And for the paranoia, before I was put on Seraquel, which had me craving tons of chocolate and sugar -- so much that in just a few months of being on it and a blood test falsly showed me being a diabetic!! And my body reacted like that of a diabetic for several months even after being off the Seraquel. So no thanks on going back to that one for paranoia.

Anyway...i'm going to go for now...i'm still feeling depressed and feel a strong desire to go shopping (even though i've only got $10 in my checking account at the moment)...i guess bounced checks doesnt' feel as bad as the little bit of endorphins I get from buying things I don't need that just clutter up my already pack-rat-hotel of a house.

sorry for my mood,
Jenna