View Single Post
Old 03-03-2007, 05:50 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
shutterbug
A picture's worth a 1000 words

Angelgirl, I remember your name and such, but you'll have to refresh me on what we talked about? My memory isn't just bad, it's truely problematic at times for me, but I remember talking to you quite a bit and reading your posts...just don't remember any of it.

It's interesting that you mention your anxiety...because I tend to forget that there is such a thing and that it's probably a big chunk of my issues lately. Anxiety is such an odd concept to me...I have difficulty defining it or what it feels like -- probably because it's been in my life for 30 years and I just grew up with it and so I don't think I know what it's like NOT to have anxiety. That probably doesn't make sense to anyone. Basically, I'm saying...I know I have a lot of anxiety..I just don't know what it is in relation to everything else that's wrong with my head and my thinking.

Thanks for your relating to my post. I actually think there are a whole lot more out there in the world like you and I, but since they enjoy the hypomanias and they can explain away depression as a fact of life...many will never realize.

There was a lady in my office yesterday who I really like, but yesterday she made my life a living hell and I kept telling her over and over and over that she needed to slow down and lay off because she was overwhelming me....she didn't do either. She was clearly (to me) in some form of mania. Now...she's at least 50 and I guarentee you if I sat down and talked to her out of concern and with the sincerest of hearts to help her...she would end up resenting me for trying to tell her she might be "bipolar"

I've ran into that over and over and over...so I know there are more of us out there that we will ever know. And it is ALWAYS good to find people who know they are like us and who are struggling to overcome the same kind of issues. It makes the struggle a little more tolerable.