View Single Post
Old 03-03-2007, 12:46 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Missminime
Bittersweet

Originally Posted by CarolD View Post
/minime...Welcome to our Alcoholism Forum!
Thank you!

Originally Posted by Tazman53 View Post
Mini you are one of the people that help keep this old drunk sober! I love you, I know where you are at right now, I know that trapped lonely feeling. I know the self hatred and the shame you are feeling now. I know that powerless feeling!

The rooms of AA were the first place I have ever felt like I belonged, it was the first place I have ever been where I did not feel any one was judging me, they all knew how I felt and they wanted to show me how they had come to not only get and stay sober, but also how to be the best person I can be, how to be happy, how to love myself first and now the world.
Dont think AA is something for me, never shared my feeling with anyone before. Ive always been told to stfu lol. I started posting here and opening up, and its a start. And i know exactly what youre talking about! I never feel i belong anywhere. If i walk into a room where were 10 people and noone know anyone else i still feel like noone wants me there. I know its silly, but thats how i always feel. Left outside even tho i know im not.

Thank you for your replay, Im glad I and others help you stay sober.
Take care