View Single Post
Old 03-03-2007, 12:11 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Missminime
Bittersweet

Hi deathrow.
I wasnt going to post on this board anymore, i felt i was too selfish during my recovery.
But then i read your post.
Im also 20 years old, ive been drinking pretty much everyday since i was 15. I totally ****** up in school cause i was drinking/had a hangover when i shouldve attended to class. My friends doesnt understand why i wanna stay sober. I know what youre talking about

I didnt work for 6 months and my drinking got even worse. 4 months ago i got a job on a factory that makes makeup and perfume - its a heavy crapjob but i CANT go to work drunk cause i would risk other people lives with the machines we got and i wouldnt do that. So im a 20 year old alcoholic, but i function in life. I never tried to kill myself, but never had a reason to live still dont have and it makes me depressed as hell thinking about it. The pain and anger you feel against yourself and your familiy is feelings i have.
I really dont have alot of advices to give, as i said im way too selfish for this board as it is now. But i guess i just wanted to let you know that youre not alone, im on day 62 sober and had a terrible day yesterday but i made it through sober, if i can make so can you! If you cant do it alone you should try AA, i havnt but it has helped alot of people here. Other advices would be keep yourself busy, post here, work.. just dont get bored. You can always PM me if theres anything on your heart. I will listen, and i understand.

You should be glad youre taking care of this (i know you will make it :>) now when youre still so young
Ive read alot on this forum and some people lost so much cause of their drinking.
Be proud of yourself for being strong enough to realize and admit your problems.
Its never too late ofc, but the sooner you can possible deal with yourself and your drinking the better
You wont regret it for a second for the rest of your life.

I wish you the best of luck, plese keep posting and take care.

/minime