Old 03-03-2007, 07:00 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
mallowcup

It means something. Infidelity always means something. Out in the bars it's some perverted badge they wear. It may be common but the pain is not common. Infidelity pierces your core.
It was always partcularly heartbreaking to consider that I put so much into it, that my bed was empty and I made excuses for it.
When the sting passes, consider this your permission to do whatever you want with anyone you want. By this, I mean to say, for me, it ended any obligation I felt.
The real slap in the face was to see the doozy my ex picked. I just saw her the other day, toothless, brittle bleached hair, a string of kids trailing behind her....nice.
I've had years to think about it and it really did a number on me.
I think they hook up with these women because they are so easily impresed. A six pack and a car and it's high livin. They require nothing and expect nothing. They were on the bar stool last week and they will be there next week.
Even if she is a scank, it hurts. For me, the slow agony of progressive loss was dying slowly. When I found out about the infidelity, it was like someone just shot a spear through my heart and ended it once and for all.
Oh, there was a tremendous purge of sorrow, but it passed.
Years later, I see it as God revealing a truth that set me free finally. The truth wasn't going to change just because I didn't know it....so it was revealed to me.