View Single Post
Old 03-02-2007, 02:54 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  
NewAngie

Walk away.

In my brief marriage I was emotionally and physically abused. I was too busy ignoring it so that I could do my job as a new teacher well, that I turned to wine to ignore it. The early signs of small physical violence turned worse. I had no money saved and no family in the state. I felt I had nowhere to go, BUT, I got out of there. It wasnt easy, and Ive been on route to getting settled, healing, rebuilding my life and all I lost for over 9 months.
Just tell yourself- NO MORE. I had to learn humility and asked for help from anyone and everyone I could to get me moved out, have places to stay, re-establish everything. Not easy, but WORTH it.
I used to be the person to tell other people "there are over 2 billion men, why have one that's mean?" Then, I slowly got sucked into it. Never again.
Ive learned that there are kind people who would never dream of hurting me. There are people who I enjoy being with and can't imagine ever arguing with. You can find people who aren't abusive! Don't fear rehabilitation or relocation as options for a new path.
NewAngie