Thread: Aa
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2007, 11:16 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
chrisj728

Hi tj, im so glad that you've got yourself a sponsor, now you can realy push things forward and your wed meeting sounds like it's going to become your home group,if you love it like you say then you must feel comfortable when there and thats what matters.To feel that you can share exactly whats on your mind is the most important thing as you grow inside your new AA family.tj i'm so happy for you the way you've grown here on SR and grown in sobriety I know that your going to do the same in AA.
tj it must be so hard for our partners at first,they see that were not drinking anymore and they must think that we are cured.They must think that now things are returning to what they see as normal then we need no further help.
And tj we can't blame them for thinking that way,thankfuly they have no knowledge of alcoholism and can't understand that to stay in recovery we will have to work hard at it and once we have found which programe fits our needs we have to commit to it totaly to sucseed.All we can do is to reasure them that as we progress hopefully we will be able to ease off the meetings
and then have more time with them but for now it's meetings first.
Hey tj he may have rolled his eyes at the prospect of losing you to another meeting tonight,but I bet he's glad that you're doing what your doing instead of what you used to do.
tj you seem to have worked some daytime meetings into your routine, so he knows that your taking note of his feelings rather than just steam rollering over them and tj like I said in one of my early posts to you,he's seeing the old you re-emerging the you he knew before your addiction.
Just go to as many meets as you feel right with, the 90 in 90 is only a guide
it's not a hard and fast rule.As long as you go you will be with the winners!

Stay strong and true to yourself tj.

chris.