Thread: new to therapy
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2007, 02:56 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
chriskali

Hi all, I am 4 days clean and sober today! I also suffer from depression and/or anxiety problems. I have taken meds from Paxil to Effexor and everything in between (I am taking effexor now) but found nothing helped!? I have gone to therapy and tried everything with not much success. I was so sure meds were going to help me get back to normal BUT I was taking these meds while smoking weed and drinking and this is the reason I saw no progress. No matter how much you try to convince yourself drugs and/or alcohol willbe okay to take with mental illness meds...no matter what anyone says THEY DO NOT MIX. I convinced myself for 2 years that only smoking a doobie here or there or having a few beers watching the game wouldn't hurt but trust me when I say even in moderation it will not work. I am a perfect example of this. As I mentioned today is only day 4 but the results are incredible! I can feel the difference already and actually have had energy and the willingness to do things again! Life is good! As for the therapy I have found that it does help....before I started the therapy it was like I had a brick wall around me and no one was allowed in. This brick wall was errected due to a rough divorce my parents went through as well as an abusive alcoholic drug addict father but I have slowly learned how to break that wall down and get my feelings out and by doing this I not only get it off my chest but I also came to a lot of realizations that helped me out. I would stick with the therapy and you will slowly but surely see the difference it makes.

: - )