Thread: Here I go
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2007, 07:03 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
marius404

Hiya Yadude. I hate to say it but I know as far as I am concerned I really had to stop hanging out and even talking to my friends who drink. I don't even answer the phone on the weekend because I know I can't refuse a good party. It is worth it though.

Getting exersize is a really good way to stay sober. It seems to put me in a good mood everyday and helps to keep me focused. I don't think I could survive with out it.

Church might be a good way to meet some somber, i mean, sober people to talk to aswell. One thing I am thinking of doing with my spare time now that I am trying to stay sober is some sort of community service.

Reading is another good thing to do while staying sober. I used to try and read while drinking and needless to say I didnt retain much information like that. Richard Dawkins new book "the god delusion" is a pretty interesting read, and it would give u some talking points to bring up at church

Anyways, for me the hardest part of getting sober is always the first 3 weekends. My drinking habbits are a lot like yours so hopefully if u can make it through the first few weekends things will get easier for you too.

Just remember when the weekend gets here that you know what its like to be drunk all weekend, that you've done it all before a thousand times. Nothing special about it this time so why not do some thing different for a change and stay sober. Just think about all the people around the world who dont drink and are perfectly happy with out it.You can be one of them too.