View Single Post
Old 02-07-2007, 06:05 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Nuudawn

XD..I think you're shout out to both God and SR is an excellent start. I literally fell to my knees in defeat almost 2 months ago asking God for help...then I dragged my sorry self to AA. Words don't express the fundamental changes taking place in my entire being. Quitting drinking is not enough. My resolve is reaffirmed every day with the support of AA...the real live connections I have found there. I had lost my ability to reach out to people, to relate. I was lonely and miserable in my self imposed isolation. Booze cut the edges of my loneliness yet ensured I stayed that way.

AA (to me) is all about learning to EXTEND yourself...in every way. Active alcoholics don't normally know a darn thing about that. Once you realize you don't have all the answers - and that's its been YOUR head and YOUR answers to date that have likely gotten you into this mess, you really might want to make meetings a priority. It's your life we are talking about here....your whole life. Knowledge combined with support is a formidable combination.