Old 02-01-2007, 08:03 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
abby48

Zoey: he has had many chances, 3 months in a rehab did great for awhile then dwi once again sent to a substance abuse which is a jail sentence, 1 year.... came out sober for a long time then again with the depression, drinking, then depressed cause he drank he does go to AA but isn't working the program... merry go round... I stick with him always thinking this time will be different..... NOT.... that's why I say I don't think he will make it he can't climb out of the hole. He retired early I am still working but he has so much going for him, but he can't see it.... my youngest was out of the country for a couple months I picked him and his friend at the airport when we got home ,the first thing he saw was his dad in the hall covered with blood drunk....... (he slipped on the rug and hit his head on the hinge of a closet door) he said "tell dad it was really nice to see him" but I can't deal with this again...... my husband tried to make a joke of it next time he saw him.......... hard on the boys they are grown now and want me to leave they said I have wasted to much time on this and I deserve to be happy. They love him but it hurts them to see me hurting over it. So I don't think any intervention will fly. I have tried to get him back into a rehab but he says "I'm Fine" only drink once in a while..... I asked him if it was okay for an alcoholic to drink once in a while.... no answer for that one. I need to grow a backbone.... thanks for your input it means a lot.