View Single Post
Old 01-29-2007, 07:17 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
StandingStrong

I've read quite a few posts that I agree with - and of course a few I didn't - LOL.

What does it mean to be a submissive wife.
Someone answered this on page one in a much better way than I could've - unfortunately I can't recall who it was. But as Best said also - it's not meant to be a doormat. It is about respect - but also respecting someone that has your very best interest at heart.

Should we be submissive wives when our husbands are alcoholics?
Aboslutely not. I feel that an A's main priority is his alcohol - therefore, he doesn't have my best interest at heart, let alone his own. Also because an A doens't think things through, manipulates, guilts, lies, etc - to submit to an A or anyone with these characteristics would definately be spiritual suicide if not in the end the ultimate suicide or murder. By "submitting" to an A, it's playing the role of the victim forever. And I feel that having not had boundaries, etc. I did to some extent submit to the A in my life - and it was a type of spiritual death. (Not sure I'm explaining myself well but hopefully some of you understand what I'm trying to say)

My XAH use to tell me that I was disobeying God because I was not a submissive wife.
This does not surprise me. Have you not ever noticed that an A will use whatever they can against the unruly, disobeying wife that doesn't support one's habit 100%???? They only hear what they want - and many parts of the Bible have been misquoted or taken out of context by not just an A, but by many, in order to gain control and manipulate their prey/victim.

Is it easier to be a submissive wife when you have a Godly husband?
Absolutely!!! (then again, this would depend on YOUR own definition of what submission really means)