View Single Post
Old 01-29-2007, 03:06 PM
  # 262 (permalink)  
jimhere

Hey AB,
I'm really not asking you to agree with me about anything. But we've had the sort of round and round type discussions (yes I consider them discussions rather than arguments) about this subject before. You know that I don't agree 100% with your views and I know that you don't agree with mine. I was simply sharing one my very good experiences with working with an alcoholic who also is an athiest, and that although I am a God guy and he isn't, he was able to find spiritual power within himself as a result of the program. And not only get & stay sober, but is living a happy and productive life.

As MorningGlory has stated, I believe that discusions of this type are outside the scope of these forums, so to carry it further would be pointless and helpful to no one, especially the athiest alcoholic who is investigating AA. Perhaps the best you & I can do here is to point them towards a more secular approach if they find AA isn't for them. I've stated before that all for any approach that helps an alcoholic to recover.
Regards,
Jim