View Single Post
Old 01-23-2007, 07:56 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Lisa1978

thanks big sis. i am so pleased to hear that your story worked out positively. it must have been very hard for you.

i liked the analogy about being the best you can be. the big problem with my partner is that he is completely unwilling to go to counselling. he has said that he would go along to counselling to support me, with my issues (with my past etc) but refuses to go to relationship counselling. he is of the view that if a relationship needs that sort of help then you shouldn't be together in the first place. it is very hurtful.

i broke my promise to myself. i called him. he was was quite pleasant to me. actually, he sounded really happy to hear from me until, i said to him about the counselling and then he just got really cold and said "i have to go". I just wish so badly he would realise what is going on. Everynight when he is asleep, his body heats up and he gets really bad night sweats. He has black circles under his eyes and looks really ill. He is only 31 and it makes me so desperately sad to see the affect that it is having on his physical as well as emotional health! i know that i should divert some of the worry i have him to worry for my own health...

trying to get strong

really pleased to have found this forum, everyone has been so lovely to me.