Old 01-23-2007, 04:20 AM
  # 205 (permalink)  
I'mready99
Rinnie's Grandpa

Originally Posted by BrandiK View Post
Steve - Don't quit know how to say this, but I am gonna and hope I do not make you uncomfortable.

I love that you post here, and I love that you are so proud and in love with your grandbaby. You look a great deal like my own father. He's been mostly absent the majority of my life. He has seen my oldest girl, about 5 years ago. He's not seen even a picture of my other girls, and has never asked to either. He's stopped calling twice a year (christmas and birthday) and I know someday he'll be gone, and I'll probably never know.

Watching you, with all your different pictures of you and her, and how much you talk about her and your daughter, I just can't even begin to tell you how wonderful that makes me feel. So, I wanted to say thank you. Thank you for being such a wonderful and healing man. You have given me a great gift just in your love for your family.

Ok ... sap moment over.
Good morning Brandi...

I take that as a compliment, Thank you...

I don't know if you have ever read my story, but I was never there for Rinnie's Mom. Sure, I was in the same household and supported her and her Mom monitarily, but that was it. I was never there for any of her school activities or any kind of love or moral support. I was to self centered and worried about where my next buzz was coming from. This went on her whole childhood and into her adult life...

The strange thing is, she never turned her back on me like I did on her. She always loved me unconditionally and without question. She is truly a very special and loving young lady. She is much wiser and more mature than I will ever be. When I found out she was going to make me a Grandfather, I decided right then and there that I was gonna change. I was never ever gonna let Rinnie down like I did her Mom. I'm gonna make her proud of me. I'm gonna take an interest in her school activities and everything in her life. I fell like I've been reborn and given a second chance and I'm definitely not gonna blow it this time...

Brandi, I'm sorry your Dad is not in your or your childrens life, that is so sad...

Thanks again for thinking about me. It really means a lot to me.

Steve (Rinnie's very proud and loving Grandpa)

PS... I couldn't get this photo to rotate.