Old 01-20-2007, 07:39 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Nuudawn

Lotta hairsplitting and doubletalk in this thread. When we are talking about alcoholism are we not talking about addiction here? Types of alcoholism yadda yadda...nonsense. And any smoker who can pick up now and then is not an "addict". Once addicted to any substance I do not believe it can be moderated. And of course there will be a lot of heated debate about the possiblity of "moderation" on a forum entitled "alcoholism". I don't believe any definition of alcoholism would encompass and ability to moderate as I do not then believe you are an alcoholic. Suffice it to say if you still hold out hope that you can moderate....you do not believe your are an alcoholic (and fantastic if you are not!). Once you have fully registered that you are an alcoholic and accepted as such, moderation simply is not an option. Any poster on here who truly believes they can moderate, truly does not believe they are an alcoholic...which is a personal matter that only the individual can truly decide....no one else.