Old 01-19-2007, 08:40 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
came2believe

Chitown, I have a bookclub comprised of myself and a bunch of moms from the kids' school. I used to use our outings as an excuse to drink and get myself just loaded enough not to completely humilate myself. (I thought)Then, of course, I would go home and finish the job, drinking till I passed out as usual. I still go out to the restaurants with them but I don't drink anymore. They know it and don't blink when I drink a cranberry juice or whatever. We still have as much fun as we used to. I used to think I was so witty when I was half loaded but I am starting to realize I was mostly obnoxious. I'm much wittier now that I can remember the whole English language. LOL.

I also have a ton of sober friends from AA. And, I have learned that two other moms at the kids' school are sober AAs, one through a meeting & one through a conversation. So, we have something in common-gosh it feels like grade school all over again, we have own little 'secret club.' I love it! It's a real sense of camaraderie.