View Single Post
Old 01-19-2007, 03:36 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Ronron

I have to throw in my two cents...

7 year old children cannot understand the immense emotional ramifications of verbal abuse. They internalize it and make it their fault. When someone hurts your feelings, it is normal and necessary to cry about it. This child is right to voice her feelings. Her Daddy is wrong. She shouldn't have to control her sadness at his abuse. My heart hurts for her. I agree with the other posters here. Telling her to not cry sets her up for a life of living with an abuser and seeing it as normal. It's not. On the one hand, I don't feel good about telling you this because this board is supposed to provide a safe place for all of the posters. On the other hand, I think about that precious baby and what she will face. She deserves validation of her feelings. She deserves to know that it is ok to feel sad and hurt by her Daddy's words. She deserves to know that he has a problem, not her. She needs to be able to express her pain or she will keep it inside and as an adult it will cause her even more anguish.

Roni