View Single Post
Old 01-19-2007, 01:31 PM
  # 210 (permalink)  
shockozulu
Reach Out and Touch Faith

Originally Posted by Abbadun View Post
Hi Teach

I feel that everyone has the right to believe in something or not to believe and God Talk has never bothered me in the slightest at meetings. What bothers me at meetings are AA/BB statements that lead people to believe that without a HP you will fail or statements like:

" ......Rarely have we seen a person fail who has thoroughly followed our path. Those who do not recover are people who cannot or will not completely give themselves to this simple program, usually men and women who are constitutionally incapable of being honest with themselves..........."

I have seen a ton of people talk the talk and walk the HP/AA walk and relapse over and over. I can not say they all followed the suggestions, but all it takes is for 1/4 are more who are truly working the program to fail to disprove this BB claim.

AB
I have a belief in a HP. I pray daily. I do not believe that my HP will save me from drugs if I turn it over to him.

I also believe that it is irresponsible to give myself over to any program 100 percent. I believe we have free will for a reason. That does not make me incapable of being honest with myself, just the opposite in fact.