View Single Post
Old 01-19-2007, 06:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
angelonmyshould

AH and his mouth

My problem lately is my AH's mouth. He doesn't think before he speaks to me or the kids. Today is my youngest's birthday so she wanted treats for school and he gave her such a hard time before we finally went out for the treats. Then when we got home he had a fit about the way she talked to him (she is trying to stand up for herself but she is only 7). She came to me and told me her heart was breaking from what daddy said to her. Then I reminded her that she was letting daddy win by making her cry and explained that there are times to stand up for yourself and that there are times that she can't because she still is a little girl.

Some days I don't know why I stay here. He is hurting the kids with his mouth and I am hurting the kids by staying with him. But a part of all of us still loves him. (by the way he is almost 2 years sober.)

Everyone tells me progress not perfection but I sure can't handle what is happening to me and my kids.

Thanks for reading. Just needed to get this off my chest so I can have a better day and make it a happy one for my daughter!