View Single Post
Old 01-16-2007, 09:26 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
sikmik

First I would like to tell the the worst is over, physically ............ but..... I remember my first attempt to detox from "Hillbilly herion" at home I made it 8 days and gave up and sent my girl out to cop for me as I THOUGHT I WOULD NEVER FEEL NORMAL AGAIN, on my 2nd attempt I suffered through 2 weeks of pain and knowing that i could feel better if i just gave up and copped but i did not and that was 4/1/06 (Appropiately enough Aprils Fools Day) and i haven't used opiates since, thank God, and It does get better, and is worth the wait, but it gets better slowly and it is really great not to have to chase that damn dragon anymore. I don't miss those days where my whole life revolved around either getting or doing drugs. Please do yourself a favor and talk to people online or better yet get to an AA or NA meeting, there is solace in talking to people who have been there and know your pain. Please please whatever you do just don't pick up, it never really gets easy not to use but it does get easier. Our addict minds just remember the the first time we did the opiates and felt like we found the "magic bullet" for all our problems. We conveniently forget all the times we were broke, sick and prayed for death. Keep your head up and talk to people, there are many many of us out there struggling every day to stay sober, but it is definitely worth the struggle. Good Luck and god bless.

sikmik