Old 01-15-2007, 08:21 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Twanda lives

Yes I have and found it so hard to find the time to go since the meeting is only on Tuesday and 7 pm, husband and daughter both have ADHD, the inattentive type, which means if I don't stay on top of my daughter as far as time management I will get home and find that nothing is done on time and my husband is just as bad, I have told him I am going to the meetings, (Adult children of dyfunctional families) and that he is going to have to make a point to check on her time management, once again making an excuse for ones OWN health is no excuse, I am trying to find the darn meeting phone #, put it up before Xmas and now can't find it~~~So I thought I would join this forum and use both in my life, Lord knows I sure need it, because the 13 characteristics SO applies to my life and my childhood. I would have been better off going to those meetings long ago than to just one and one therapy. I am a survivor, and spent most of my adult life, reading and dealing with those issues, but after reading the Adult Children of Alcoholics, I realize this is not something you do and go on, its a lifetime process, to work towards being healthy and whole, because it's not like a magic wand, and poof, you're cured. Due to family, and daughter's learning disability, I've basically stopped doing things for myself a long time ago, now I am going to start making it my priority, because spiritually I've suffered for it, especially since my husband doesn't deal with any of his issues, and I've got sucked into to much co-dependance and the good mother syndrome. Thank you!