View Single Post
Old 01-14-2007, 08:51 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
dogandbooklover

Originally Posted by Ronron View Post
Something to consider aside from the meds is the biological sleep cycle that you may have. For example, I am truly a night owl. I am much less sleepy on fewer hours of sleep if I stay up late and sleep late. My aunt is the same way. Of course, society doesn't work this way. Sounds like to me if you are sleepy at 3 am and sleep until 10, you've gotten a normal amount of sleep. Of course, you had to force yourself up that day. Do you find you are sleeping more than nine hours on your meds? Not to downplay side effects, but I wonder if this is more a case of your meds helping your body to regulate to its normal cycle, which is not with the rest of the world's cycle?

Roni
Prodigal -

This very well may be the case with you. I am the same way as Roni. I am the definition of a night owl. If left to my own internal clock I would not go to bed until 3 or 4 or 5 AM (sometimes later) and sleep for 8 or 9 hours. The annoying thing is that society doesn't particulalrly make changes for us night birds and things outside of the house have to be done during daylight hours. I personally think that every store, restaurant, bank, you name it should be open 24 hours a day! ;-)

I was also on anti-depressants for a large chunk of my late teen and early adult years. You really have to try out different ones and go with what works best for you. For me, it was Prozac. I know that sounds so cliche, but it's what worked for me.

I would suggest you talk with you doctor/therapist. Tell him/her your concerns and they should be able to help you. Oh, and I have learned from experience to always find a doctor/therapist that you are comfortable with. Finding the right doctor is very important.