View Single Post
Old 01-14-2007, 02:55 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Cecilia

My Dr put me on Effexor too. Did extremely wierd things to my sleep patterns too. So he gave me something else to help me sleep. That made me so groggy I couldnt function. So he gave me something else. Why do DR's always think you have to be medicated till youre placid. <smilie>

Finally I said how about I just dont take anything.. Did it ever occur to you that Im not chemically imbalanced. That any sane person would be depressed and under stressif they were going thru all this. Just give me some Valium to get me thru the trials and the media. Course he knows me and how I hate to take pills.
<smilie>

Just my opinion but maybe Effexor etc has a bad effect on us because were NOT chemically depressed. Were depressed or stressed for a legitamate reason. Id like to make all the bad stuff go away too but sometimes its normal to be depressed.

I still have weepy fits sometimes but I dont try to stop them unless Im in public. I figure its gotta come out somehow. You could hurt yourself trying to hold all that stuff in. Like trying to stiffle a really big sneeze. LOL.

BTW. When Im upset I sleep A LOT too. I think thats my bodies way of saying "I dont want to be here". Also I think we use up a TON of energy making ourselves do stuff we dont really want to do. <smilie> Fight or flight or something like that.