View Single Post
Old 01-14-2007, 12:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
prodigal

Depressed, depressed, and more depressed

I have suffered from depression most of my life. However, after trying a lot of different meds, my doctor started me on one that was helping. It didn't cure my depression but it certainly helped level the playing field. About four months ago, I noticed I was sleeping more. My sleep patterns became downright weird. I get sleepy at 3 a.m., go into a deep sleep, and usually crawl out of bed around noon. I made myself get up at 10 a.m. one morning in the hopes I'd fall asleep earlier. Nope. Still up til 3.

I'm wondering if this deepening depression is a result of being exposed to my AH. I'm tired, no energy, feeling low, getting irritable. I went out of town for the weekend so I wouldn't have to be around the house while he's on his usual weekend bender. The thing is, I'm sick and tired of having to go somewhere. I'd like to have the house to myself. The problem is, he isolates and has no friends, so he drinks alone.

I won't know until I leave, but I'm wondering if the depression will start to ease. It sounds like a lot of folks here have gone through a lot of pain and heartache both living with the A as well as leaving the A.

I feel as if I'm worn out from just living itself. Man, this stinks!