View Single Post
Old 01-13-2007, 11:13 AM
  # 183 (permalink)  
NoelleR

Thumbs up

Hey.....again ---

Just thought I'd respond to something you said in your last post:

"I am committed to my sobriety, but I just can not turn my life over to a shower curtain or what ever else."

Well, alrighty then,.....you're committed to your sobriety/recovery; that's a good leg-up. Don't worry about turning your life over to ANYTHING. Regardless how others work a step, even the founders, just remember what the step (Step-3) actually says:

"MADE A DECISION, to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God 'as we understood him.'

For me, that meant to make that decision, and then go directly to Step-4 (which was my way of turning it over.........working the rest of the steps).

And as far as a HP goes, I've never used any a HP external to self....egotistical as it may seem, my HP was, and still is, as far as recovery goes,........me....at least, the me I'll be tomorrow as long as I don't pick up today......and after 20+ years I've taken a lickin' [usually from 'hardliners' in AA who have said that I'm a relapse waitin' to happen (wellllllllll, I'm still awaitin' and I'm waitin for some of those folks to come back......from their relapses.....lol)] but I keep on tickin.'

You just keep puttin' one foot in front of the other.........and just don't pick up! ...... (o:

NoelleR