Old 01-12-2007, 02:35 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
quentin9576

Please Anyone Can Help Me Please Help! Thank You

Hi there,

I feel for your situation. I have been with my girlfriend now for almost 6 years, so believe me; I too know a thing or three about arguments

Hmm. I have a few things I'd like to say to you. First of all, do not give your husband "hell" for not appreciating you; that just makes the problem worse. Instead, as soon as he does something that upsets or hurts you, tell it to him straight: "it really hurts me that you want to go out without me." Then tell him why: "it makes me feel like I am not enough for you."

Secondly, it is never ok for your partner to ignore your wishes. Just make sure that you have expressed your wishes in a non-hostile way. Be honest, not angry. Talk from the heart he has caused, not the anger that this hurt brought you.

In my opinion, it is definitely not ok for your partner to be going to clubs without you. Hell, I wouldn't even go out and play pool without my girlfriend! But, hey. What it comes down to is this; express your needs and desires in as honest (i.e. non-aggressive) manner as possible. If your guy flagrantly violates these honest needs, ask him why he did so. I believe in second chances. But if this is a tendency, if he is simply not generous enough with his emotional effort, I would lose him.

Good luck with your relationship!