Thread: Truly powerless
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2003, 04:48 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Gypsygirlmom
Paused

****{Josie}}}

Oh I wish there really was a magically wand to make this all better. I'm so sorry your going thru this with yours sons. But I guess like they say, they have to want it themselves.

Don't beat yourself up over feeling guilty. You didn't cause it. I'm sure that all of us have child rearing memories that we are not too fond of. I know I do. But we did the best we could at the time with what we had. And that is it, we did the Best we could. It is their choice if they want to continue along that path. God, and everyone knows how much love you have in your heart for your children, it is so obvious.

Have you tried going to any Naranon/Alanon mtgs? I remember the 1st time I went, I literally had to force one foot in front of the other, I'm pretty sure my eyes were closed too! I was scared to death. But now barely a yr. later, I have some great friends that I talk to a couple times a week. Had I not gone, I never would have these great people in my life, and I am so grateful for them.

You know we are all here for you, and praying for you and your sons!

Your grandson is graduating 8th grade? So is my daughter. Do they do some kind of ceremony by you for that? I haven't heard word one about any kind of graduation. Have fun with him!!