View Single Post
Old 01-09-2007, 04:18 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
wolflvr

I am going to share my story with you. I am 33 and 9 months pregnant..due in 12 days. My AH and I have been married almost 8 years. 4 years ago he almost died from drinking (pancreas, liver & WD's) That day I quit drinking and havent drank since. He on the other hand stops, then starts then stops again. We had tried to have a child for many years during his "sober" time to no avail. We resorted to fertility treatments and now I will be having the baby I never thought was possible. Problem is I, like you, thought my AH would now have a reason to be sober and be the husband he has the potential to be and has been in the past. He started drinking again, got a dui on 12/26 and decided not to come home last night so he could party with the boys. Now its 4pm and he was supposed to be home around 2pm and he isnt here. His cell phone died from not being charged last night when he was too busy partying than being a supportive husband so if I go into labor now I cannot even contact him. He is at work..he says. He claims when the baby comes he will be a great dad, not drink..blah blah blah. Well, last night when I was having contractions and he finally answered his phone I told him what was going on and today may be the day. He said he would call me right back. Needless to say he came home at 9am to change and go to work. This is NOT the man I thought was fathering my child. I thought things would be completely different and we would have this happy family. Now he will be going to jail, we have no money and Ill be raising my daughter on my own for a while. I have told him I will NOT raise our daughter together if he is drinking. She does not deserve a drunk for a dad nor do I deserve one for a husband. It saddens me so much that we went through so much to get her yet his addiction still leads him to do things that a good father wouldnt. Im not saying that you shouldnt have a baby. Your husband is in recovery and trying which is awesome. All I want you to get out of this is that just because you get pregnant doesnt mean he will become the man you want him to be. I am forever grateful to the good Lord for the blessing He has bestowed upon me and know with or without him my daughter will be loved more than she can ever imagine. I will do anything to ensure she has a wonderful upbringing even if that means leaving him. I would seriously think about if you would be willing to leave him and raise your child on your own should he go back to his old ways. I wish you the best and pray that you too will get your miracle!!